Friday, May 28, 2010

The way I look at Charleston





Have you ever felt like you have a second home, even though you've never lived there?  Something just fits.  That's the way I am in Charleston.  I hope the locals don't see me as a tourist, because, although I carry my camera in front of my face up and down each street, I don't feel like a tourist...  

I absolutely love painting city scenes.  Especially store windows.  I love the reflections, the glitz of the lights, and the statue like poses of window displays.  So picturesque.  I'm sure these photographs will turn into paintings in the days to come.

We had a wonderful time in Charleston on Wednesday.  It was a bitter-sweet trip.  You see, Wednesday was the anniversary of the passing of my father-in-lw.  We went there with Dan's mother to celebrate the day.  We are so happy that Dad Jeffords is with Jesus now!  We miss him very, very much, but know we'll see him soon, and in the mean time, he's having a marvelous time worshiping his maker.  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails