Friday, May 14, 2010

Painting #72 Cade's Cove



If you are a creative person, or a non-creative person, or a semi creative person… and you have a creatively demanding job, or a really boring job, or a semi-creative job… OR if you are a lover of creative things and creative companies… and love to fill your house with lovely and creative things… you must check out these beautiful creative e-magazines! I’ve spent several moments browsing them this afternoon.

Sweet Paul – eating and entertaining. You will be totally inspired to do both after about one minute of browsing.

Lonny – a beautiful decorating and design magazine.

Paper Mache - a very cute children’s magazine right to you from Sydney.

Utterly Engaged – for the stylish bride (and those of us that just love weddings)

While I was checking out all these beautiful things, I was also painting! This oil painting is based on a photograph of Cade's Cove, TN. I really like working from photographs when I paint water. It allows me to catch those fleeting shapes and colors that are otherwise impossible to focus on. This painting is 10.25 x 5 inches on wood. Because this image was emailed to me, I’m going to give the sender a chance to buy it before I put it on my Etsy shop, but there are a few other paintings listed there!
Send me your photographs and watch them become fine art! 

1 comment:

Rich, Kim, Trevor, Erin and Olivia said...

I love, LOVE this painting!! Beautiful.

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails