Monday, May 3, 2010

Painting #62 Branches in Green



I feel like I’ve been living in a greenhouse all weekend. I told my husband I think God put a huge blue blanket over us instead of the sky. It feels steamy, like I’ve been breathing under the covers to long. I guess that’s what inspired this watercolor (the greenhouse feeling, not suffocation… just wanted to clarify). These branches aren’t from a greenhouse., they’re snippings for a tree right beside our back door. I love the delicate little flowers growing on them. And, boy, are they delicate! If I shake the branch, even the slightest bit, all the petals fall off. So, needless to say, my daughter was not allowed to hold this specimen before I painted it (She just loves to hold the flowers that I pick in her little fat hands and twirl them around. It’s the cutest thing.) It is a 9x11 watercolor on my favorite pressed watercolor paper. I really like the water effects I can achieve on it. This was actually my last sheet of watercolor paper! When I graduated from college, I took a large stack of huge pieces of paper with me, and I’ve finally run out… Time to go shopping!




I’m not really sure why, but I just felt the urge to look for some beautiful floral arrangements today, and what better place to look than the Decor8 blog?! If you need a little surge of loveliness, look no further…



Once again, thank you all so much for participating in the tell-a-friend contest! Your kind words and referrals are so wonderful! I could not do this painting365 project with out your support. So, thank you so very much.

If you are interested in buying a painting, or would like to see some more of my work, please check out my Etsy page! I am still taking commission pieces, so if there is a special scene you would like me to paint, please email it to me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails