Friday, May 7, 2010

Painting #66 Burtonsville, NY III

This is yet another painting of Burtonsville, NY. I decided to paint it in a conglomeration of watercolor, ink, and charcoal. I had a lot of fun combining mediums and playing with the various shades in this old black and white photograph. My mother looked at this painting, and immediately knew that it was a particular home in Burtonsville, by just seeing the house’s front porch. I can’t really imagine life as it was 100 years ago. What would I be doing? Would I be married? A school teacher? A writer? I would like to think I would still be an artist… it just seems to be in my blood. I would probably know how to knit… I’ve always wanted to learn, but just never have!


Can you imagine spending long, quiet hours sitting on the front porch, in a rocker, just enjoying nature and the people around you? I have a hard time sitting still long enough to sketch out my paintings! Even then, I have an audio book or the radio going in the background!

I’ve included a few photographs of a floral conglomeration I did on our dining room table. I love hiding little arrangements under glass, and creating “living” center pieces. A few of these plants are actually planted in little tiny mugs. So cute.



Please stop by my Etsy page if you are interested in seeing more of my work! EmilyJeffords.etsy.com

Also, I am still taking commission requests! Bring it on!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails