Friday, April 9, 2010

Painting #40 Sail Away on a Sea of Baby Dreams

Tomorrow is a celebration of boats and babies (at least at the baby shower for Silas Walters). Hence, the sailboat painting! It's a gift for Silas so, I sure hope his mom doesn't check out my blog tonight or tomorrow morning! I love sailing... well, kind of. I love the ocean and sea, but not lakes. I'm not really sure why. It just feel like there is an unlimited amount of nasty fish that might bight my toes, mud, and green, slimy grime (not to be gross or anything). But the ocean... I love. I know this doesn't have anything to do with sailing, but my favorite memory of being out on the ocean was on my honeymoon. My husband and I went jet skiing around 9:30am, and there were still fishing boats docked close to the shore, and they had attracted in about 30 dolphins. It was incredible! We were so close to them that they would come up and slap our jet ski with their tails! It was one of the most beautiful morning ever...
This painting is a 8.75 x 5 “block” oil painting on wood. I had an art show last November/December where I sold several of these dark, simple paintings featuring one object. Sarah saw these and really liked them, and requested one for her baby.
There are a few paintings on my etsy shop that would lighten any room in your house. If you have a boring wall, you need to check out my shop for awesome deals!
Don’t forget about the greatest give-away ever.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This is adorable! If we were having a boy, we were planning on doing the nursery in a nautical theme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails