Sunday, April 25, 2010

Painting #56 A Little Church in Spain



If my husband in and I ever get “over the pond”, we will defiantly be going to Spain. What a beautiful country! It’s history, architecture, and culture are spectacular. I was so pleased when Elena (a native of Spain) asked me to paint this “ little church” near her home, in a town called Novelda. Can you imagine having a structure like this right down the road? I love the rugged character this church has; only achievable with year and years of warm sun.


I decided to paint this church (I keep wanting to call it a cathedral…) in watercolor. I think watercolor paint plays up the texture of the stones, the crevices, and all the other details in the architecture nicely. This painting measures 10.5x15.5 inches. Elena, I hope you and your family enjoy this painting for years to come!

I spent some time today gardening. Well, no, I can’t really say that… I spent some time trying to revitalize our sun-room with a few plants. The last set of plants definantly died beyond all hope. So, I decided the only way for me to stay on top of them is to become emotionally invested in their survival. I’ve tried simply remembering to water the dear things… doesn’t work. I spent about an hour gathering lovely little finding from our yard, and transplanting them into pot to be moved indoors tomorrow!

The give-away countdown is getting more and more exciting!  Make sure you enter to win a free oil painting!
Also, stop by my Etsy shop.  There are some great deals on lovely paintings there!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I really love your watercolors! You have such a talent with colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails