Thursday, April 29, 2010

Painting #59 Bold Blooms

Big, red, bold, warm, and stunning: all amazing elements needed in every room. These flowers are located somewhere deep in Papua, New Guinea. I love the way they seem to be rejoicing in the sunshine! I really had a lot of fun paintings these. They are so much larger than life that it was actually a bit of a challenge. I had to get all the shades right, and make sure all the shadows and highlights are correct…. But my very favorite part about this painting is the color. I just love dramatic artwork, and red is the best color of all.
This is a 12x16 inch oil painting on massonite wood.

Check out my Esty Shop for paintings that are still for sale!  EmilyJeffords.etsy.com

AND! Don’t forget about the greatest give-away ever! This is actually a very crafty marketing scheme I’ve cooked up...

In order to win the painting you have to email at least one person, and tell them about my blog. You can enter more than once by telling multiple people! So, say you email 11 people, I’ll put your name in the drawing 11 times. I’m going to keep track of how many people you tell and then use this amazing “random number generator” to pick the winner! (It’s quite fun to play around with.)
The question is, how am I going to keep track of how many people you tell? Email your friends, family, co-workers, strangers… and tell them to check out my blog, and copy me on the email. I’ll count the number of email addresses and add that number to your tally. The more people you email the greater your odds of winning. My email address is: TheArtist.Emily@gmail.com

And here is a photograph of Painting #61. It’s a beautiful butterfly bush that we saw while at a conservatory in Columbus. It was so beautiful I couldn’t not paint it! It’s a 7.75 x 6.5 oil painting on a thick block of wood. I’ve painted the edges black, so you don’t have to frame it. It makes a great artistic element sitting on a shelf or mantle.
Let the games begin!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails