Sunday, April 11, 2010

Painting #41 Water over the dam, under the bridge, around the rocks, and past the falls…

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but painting this scene in watercolor paints just felt right. I really enjoyed painting water. It’s much harder than it may look with all the spots, and lumps, and shadows, and shiny glints. Paintings and photographs like this one remind me of the spa; with all the soothing nature sounds coming from who knows where. Once, right before my wedding, I was in the middle of a massage, totally engrossed and dazed, when the huge male voice boomed out in a weird “aaaaabbbaaaaa” noise in the middle of the zen music. Scared me to death. The masseuse told me it was supposed to reawaken my spirit. Ok…….

Well, I hope this painting does remind you of peacefulness and rest - and not creepy male voices. It is a 7.5 x 10 watercolor painting and, because the photo of this lovely scene was sent to me by a friend, I’m going to give her the option of buying it first. I’ll let you know if I list it on Etsy.  There are a few paintings listed on there (including one of my very favorites!  #27) as well as some prints and collages.  Check them out!

Today is the day for you to email your friends about this blog in order to enter my give-away contest! I’ll be giving someone a lovely oil painting, just for spreading the word.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails