Friday, April 16, 2010

Painting #46 Flutter By Flowers



My husband and his brothers play this word twisting game (drives me crazy some times... but it's amusing none-the-less), where they take the different parts of words and mix them together, such as "Let's get this Row on the Shoad". I'm pretty sure that's what happened with the poor butterfly. I really think it wants to be called a flutter by, instead of flying butter. So, that's what I'll name this painting in honor of the Flutter By's name change revolution.


This is the first real acrylic paintings I've done since I was in high school, and those paintings DO NOT COUNT. So, this is the true first... I had a lot of fun with the medium! It's colorful, silky, slimy, and dries way to fast for my taste, but, all in all, I really enjoyed working in acrylic! I really love that I painted this paintings today, and I can turn around and hand it to a buyer tomorrow without any fear of accidental thumb prints or any other such horror. Good thing too, because I just signed up today (!) for a show on Saturday! Call me crazy (I'm beginning to be convinced of that myself) but I'm painting, and designing, and planning like a mad woman! I think it will be very fun. It's the Spring Fling at the Greenville Classical Academy, and if you live anywhere near Greenville, you must come see me!

Don't forget to stop by my Etsy shop for paintings, prints, and collages that are for sale!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails