Friday, April 23, 2010

Painting #54 They Were All Yellow


There are few things as wonderful as lemons. They’re yellow (one of the greatest colors ever), have a great shape, are indispensable when cooking, smell fabulous, and look great in paintings!  One of the sweetest memories I have of my great grandmother is going out to her back yard and picking lemons, grapefruits, and oranges right off the huge trees that provided the much loved shade. Her whole yard smelled like citrus. So beautiful…

Ok, I have to confess, something. I really don’t want to part with this painting. Sometimes I get attached. BUT… I also want someone to love it and enjoy it every day in their own home! So… I’ll sell it. Just do me a favor: take a photograph of it in your space and send it to me! I’ll miss it! This is a 6x8 oil painting called “They Were All Yellow”.

You can buy this lovely painting on my Etsy shop: EmilyJeffords.esy.com
The give-away is ending soon! Be sure to tell your friends about my blog to enter the contest!

And because today is so warm and sunny, and because I have a slight crush on the color yellow today, I put together this collection of yellow items I love. Let me know what you think!


The yellow clock I’ve been eyeing for about two months now… created by Uncommon,  A beautifully simple photograph by Lynda Naranjo,  Two sweet paintings by one of my favorite local artists, Annie Koelle,  A gorgeous note card (what fun to send or receive one of these!) by Amanda (another local artist), at the Wooden Letter,  A Lovely mocking bird painting (painted on a block of wood!), and, the ultimate party décor (or if you’re like me, every day home décor): a string of handmade, vintage garland, created by Kristina Marie

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I adore lemons! This is lovely Emily!

Thanks so much for including my photo in your collection of yellow!

~ Lynda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails