Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Painting #17 Butterfly Bush





Happy St. Patrick’s day to you! I’m sorry this painting isn’t more festive. I thought about it… I thought I could paint a little green guy, or a rainbow with a pot of gold… but it just wasn’t doing it for me. Sorry. Actually, I’ve never been a huge St. Patties day enthusiast, and not for lack of trying. I even bought a shirt a couple years ago, just for March 17th. I am wearing a green shirt today. Don’t pinch me. I hate being pinched.
Here is the not-so-festive-but-still-very-special oil painting-of-the-day! (That was kind of fun!) It is a 5.75x8 inch painting of some a bright red butterfly bush, with a dark butterfly in the left-hand corner. I love the dark background. It is so moody and dramatic. Also, I painted the edges so you don’t have to frame it if you don’t want to. Nice little bonus!

If you would like to purchase this painting to add a little color and drama to your home, go to my etsy shop. EmilyJeffords.etsy.com
Enjoy your St. Patrick’s day! Come back tomorrow to see painting #18!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails