Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Painting #22, Burtonsville, NY


Burtonsville, New York. Doesn’t mean much to most people, but to me, it brings back memories of a family reunion held when I was 10 or 11. There I experienced crawdads, swimming in a muddy lake, crossing a VERY wide “creek” at night. I think it was about a mile wide, and full of rapids, deep holes, darkness, and the thousands of creepy unknown things… I was so glad my dad was with me! I also had my first encounter with a pig roast (my first, and last), sweat bees, 100 candles on one cake, and many relatives I had never met, but now mean so much to me. So, while Burtonsville may be a small town in NY, it’s pretty huge in my mind! This home has been in my family for many, many years. It is very historical, and I am honored to have been able to paint it! I hope this painting will help to endear this lovely old home to my family for years to come.

As always, I love your thoughts and comments!
Come back tomorrow to see painting #23!

2 comments:

Tom (Papa) Currie said...

Our artist, our granddaughter, has truly captured the essence of Burtonsville in her painting and comments. My family (6 kids)would spend our summers there, swimming in the Schoharie Creek and picking wild berries for our grandmother to make into a pie for lunch. At 3 in the afternoon, we would go up the road a half mile or so to wait for our Dad to come home from work; then would all jump on the running boards and ride home.
Tom Currie - Emily's maternal grandfather

Unknown said...

I love this one, and I see it's already sold...arg!

EAJ

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails