Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Painting #16 Watercolor Gardens at Furman


Can I just say that I love Pandora Radio? It has rejuvenated my tired, creatively drained heart many times. I think I have at least 20 “stations”. What is your favorite station? I love discovering new music!


On that note (ha, ha), I give you a painting that took me WAY to long to complete. I simply didn't feel like painting today. I knew this day would come... I mean, who feels like doing anything 365 times with out a break! Even eating ice cream would get old!
But, after much labor, I give you painting #16. This painting holds many memories for me; sunny days, friends, beautiful places, escaping, picnics, mocha frappuccinos… I used to go to Furman University with my room mates and friends from college (is it odd to go from one college to another to “escape”?) We had so much fun relaxing in the gardens on sunny days. On cooler days, when the lighting is just right, we would make a photo shoot out of it. Good times… The gardens at Furman are so beautiful! I included a photograph with this post so you can see this lovely place in “real life”.
This is a smaller watercolor. It is 4x6 and would look lovely framed in a simple black frame with a white matte, but I’ll leave that up to your creative genius.

As always, if you would like to show off this little watercolor garden  in your home, go to my online shop. EmilyJeffords.etsy.com


I love to hear feedback from you! Thoughts? Comments? Favorite Stations? ; )

Furman University Gardens

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We also share some fond memories of Furman campus and gardens. Also, I particularly enjoy Yo-yo Ma radio and Lang Lang radio. That looks stranger stranger than I thought it would.

EAJ said...

I love this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails