Saturday, March 6, 2010

Painting #6 Sunny Hills Oil Painting

 
I love Saturdays... there’s something so nice about the whole world resting, playing, and enjoying life... all at once.


Although, this Saturday has been very relaxing and quiet for my baby, Annalisa Grace, and me. I am afraid she is getting a head cold. But, she's been smiling often, and has been as sweet as ever.  We took some photos earlier today.  Grama gave her the cutest little shirt!  I love dressing her in "adult clothes".  It makes her seem even smaller and cuter.  It's so much fun being a mom.

Here is the painting of the day! I had a lot of fun painting this one!

It's a oil painting of no place in particular. Maybe someplace in the Midwest, maybe northern France? It's up to you. It reminds me of the beautiful sunsets in Greenville. Every night, on my way home from teaching art to "my kids" I drive down the highway, over a hill and all of the sudden the sky, mountains, and city come into my view. It's so beautiful! I wish each one of you could be in the car with me!

This painting, I'm calling it "Sunny Hills", is almost a perfect square. It's 9.5x9 inches. I decided to paint the edges red, to create a dramatic flare if you decide to leave it unframed.

If you would like to purchase this apinting, just go to my shop!  EmilyJeffords.etsy.com  This is day #6, so it's only $6.00!!!  I'm not even breaking even yet...  Oh well.  I made a promise, and I'm going to keep it!  ; )

Comments....? Suggestions....?   I love them!
 
What a cutie!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow! I love this project you're doing! I love to meet other artists who seem to just be happy to be alive! I'll be keeping up with your beautiful artwork, and thank you for visiting my blog. Good luck winning! Keep your fingers crossed:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails