Thursday, March 25, 2010

Painting #25 Paradise


Well, the comforting thing about painting this painting was that I couldn't really paint an ugly painting... but the hard thing was that the photograph was so beautiful!!! How can I make something so beautiful into a beautiful painting? Won't the photograph be more beautiful....? Well, here's my attempt at capturing Maui Hawaii! I must admit that I wouldn't mind going there right now. Wouldn't mind at all. It was actually hard for me to paint this painting because the colors are so vibrant in real life! Usually, I take a scene or an object and enhance certain parts or colors, but with this scene, the whole photograph was screaming "I'm beautiful, paint me!"

Thanks for sharing your beautiful back yard with us Mark and Cherie! Because I painted this based on one of their photographs, I’m going to give them the opportunity to buy this painting before listing it on Etsy. I’ll let you know when/if I list it!

I would like to wet your palette with the news that I'm going to be starting a give-away contest very, very soon! I'm still working out all the kinks, so check back soon for more details. The painting I'll be giving away is Dan's (my husband's) favorite one so far... and he is a man of exquisite taste. ; )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's called Waianapanapa Beach and the sand is black!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails