Sunday, March 28, 2010

Painting #28 Sunnier Days Reign - a watercolor





Sundays should never rain. It’s against everything they stand for. But, at least now I don’t have to water the garden tomorrow… or teach… or wake up early… or cook dinner… needless to say, I’m looking forward to tomorrow. I’ll have the added responsibility of puppy sitting for the first time! I have grown up with dogs my entire life, but really have no idea how to take care of them! My family is leaving the cutest German Shepherd/Rottweiler puppy at our house for a couple days while they go to Florida. He is such a sweetheart!
This painting is a tribute to sunnier days. It poured and hailed today and of course, today is the day I would have to go running through mud, puddles, grass, and rain to get to the car. With my child. But somehow, doing a watercolor felt appropriate. Wetness… all around me.

I have to admit that I really love this painting. It is painted on plastic Yupo Paper so watercolor paint dries in the more unique and beautiful patterns (it reminds me of tree rings). I love the way it makes colors stand out and sing. This watercolor is 5.75x11.5 inches.
You can buy this painting on my Etsy page for $28 (because it was painted on March 28th). EmilyJeffords.etsy.com

Thanks for following my blog! As I mentioned before, I’m working out the details to a give-away contest, so stay tuned! Come back tomorrow for painting #29!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails