Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Painting #108 Garden Party Study



Can I just say that I love being a mother… I love being able to stay home and watch my daughter grow up. Today Annalisa took her first purposeful steps. Dan and I were holding her hands, and she was very wobbly and unsure, but it’s moments like this that I would give up almost anything to experience.

Life is full of these precious experiences; the ones you can’t really plan on, but stand out when you look back on your life. Then, there are the ones you can plan on. For example, your wedding day! I love this time of year! It seems that a special about of love and beauty abounds. I tried to capture a bit of that lush, soft, romantic aura that is in the air with my brush. I took a small section of a flower bouquet and featured just a few of the flowers and leaves in a unique composition. I love the colors and the contrast in this oil painting. This painting will be for sale on my Etsy shop: EmilyJeffords.etsy.com first thing in the morning!

Remember, if there is a painting you would like to commission (whether you have a photo or not) please email me! I love creating custom artwork that you and your family will cherish.
Theartist.emily@gmail.com






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails