Saturday, June 12, 2010

Painting #98 Before the Clouds Dry Out






I'm pretty excited...  tomorrow my husbands and I are celebrating his birthday!  We're taking a day trip to Atlanta, going to the Coke Museum, Ikea, a few design shops and out to eat at the most incredible looking restaurant - Dolce Enoteca e Ristorante!  I hope it tastes as wonderful as it looks (photos below).  We're going to enjoy ourselves.  It will be the first time I've been away from my baby girl, Annalisa, for a whole day.  I'm going to miss her (but enjoy some one-on-one time with my hubby too.)

So... in order to have a day off tomorrow, I've been painting like a crazy person.  However, only one painting got totally done.  But that's ok.  The other painting is a watercolor, so I'll just take it with me in the car!  ...we'll see how that turns out...  

This oil painting is a depicting that eerie moment right before a huge storm.  I just love that energetic calm; as if you know someone is sneaking up on you, but trying to be very quiet.  
In Greenville, it gets very warm, as if the clouds are giving you a warm blanket hug before dumping their contacts on the earth.  I love the colors, the brush strokes, and the drama of the sky.  
This painting is 16x12 inches and would look stunning in a dark wood, black, or even lux gold frame.  It of for sale on my Etsy Shop, and should really not be there... it should be in your home.  Let's be honest, your home needs a little art.  

See you on Sunday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails