Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Painting #128 Beautiful On the Insided



And without further ado… I present my latest watercolor painting: Beautiful on the Inside, an 8.5 x 14 painting on fine watercolor paper.


I must admit, this painting took me far longer than any painting has taken so far and it tricked me into biting off way more than I could chew in one day. But the process was so enjoyable, and the subject matter so colorful and charming that I didn’t mind a bit.

As I said before (in the progress post), this is a painting of one of my favorite stores: Anthropologie. I remember the first time I wondered in to Anthropologie. It’s like stepping into a new world where you just never know what lovely thing you might find. It reminds me of a little real-life fairytale world, and I love it…

This painting is not currently framed, but I think it would look stunning with a nice thick white matt, and a modern dark brown or black frame, and, of course, hanging on your wall… Stop by my shop to buy it and to see all the other paintings I have for sale there! EmilyJeffords.etsy.com



Also, if you would like to commission a painting, please send me an email and we can work out all the details. I love creating pieces that are going to be especially meaningful to you, so bring em’ on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails