Friday, August 5, 2011

Headed West




Well it's done.  The first substantial (aka, large) painting for our new living room!  As you know, we just moved to West Texas from sunny, lush, green South Carolina.  Let me tell you... it's a bit of a landscape culture shock.  I used to live in Houston, so I thought I knew what I was getting into... but it feel so different!
I love the warm colors, the HUGE sky, and the hundred different shades of yellow that are prevalent here.   It seems like you can see for miles and miles and miles... and, you probably can!   I snapped the photo that inspired this painting on my drive from San Antonio, TX to San Angelo, TX.
This painting, called "Headed West" is 24x36 inches on canvas.  I cannot wait to get it framed and hung behind our lovely new couch!!


1 comment:

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love the way you paint skies. They are very dreamy and beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails