Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sentimental V-day

Happy Valentines day!


I have always loved valentines day... (appropriate, right?) It always seems to sneak up on me, but I love the glitz and romance wrapped around it. This V-day, my husband and I hosted a party for 16 newlywed couples. It was such fun. More than that, I think I enjoyed decorating for it! I made these super cute streamers out of vintage print paper, put candles everywhere, and cut out about 50 hearts. I used to cut out hearts with my mom every valentines day. we would stick them all over the walls to create a funky Bohemian decor for the big day. I wonder if she remembers doing that? I wonder what my daughter will remember...?

We have a wonderful, 4 season garden around out house. So I gathered all sorts of greenery, flowers to decorate the tables with. It was so pretty when all was said and done.
btw, the photos on our mantel were taken by GetzCreative photography. I love their work!

1 comment:

Valentina Harper said...

WoW! Sounds super beautiful :) Hope you had a great Valentine's party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails