Friday, June 11, 2010

Painting #96 Little Elena



Exciting times: there are two paintings today!  One for yesterday, and one for today!  I actually painted this beautifully sweet portrait yesterday, but didn't have time to post it.  We had some dear old friends who just moved here from Cali at our house for dinner.  We had a great time with them, but I was to worn out at the end of the night to blog.  I'm sorry!

The first painting is so sweet.  It brings back precious memories of holding my new born baby.  I really don't think there is anything sweeter than having that new life asleep in your arms.  I painted this 8x10 portrait using many, many ink washes.  I wanted it to look soft and intimate, but have a lot of contrast.  And I wanted those little eyes to shine!  
Julie, I hope this is a painting, and a memory, you will cherish forever!


And the second painting.... coming right up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails