Thursday, June 3, 2010

Paintings #89 Time Square Greenville Style


First of all, thank you so much to all of you who sent me yellow photos!!!  I'll be compiling them in a collage and post them next wednesday!  This is a great way to get a little extra exposure to those of you who create handmade items or do photography as i will be more than happy to give photo credits and add links to your site (just an idea...).

My brother came over tonight.  I didn't really see him because he and my husband were playing some shooting game... (I know it wasn't halo, because I've played that one.  Props to me!) But as we were saying goodbye we got into several huge, long talks about every aspect of life.  It was great!  I love talking, but I also love sleeping.  Oh well.  Here I am, posting the photos of today's painting (finished by 5:00 today!) at 2:00am.  Now, if that's not dedication, I don't know what is.  ; )

I really enjoyed painting this 8x10 oil painting.  It was a little bit different for me, and that was refreshing.  I felt very free and comfortable while working on the drawing then color combinations.  I think it captures the energy of downtown on a some-what busy night.  I love the comfortable stances the people take, the play of color, not-so-subtle points of light, the "shapes" each object creates, and how that relates to the negative space...  really, I just think it looks cool.  

If you think so too, then buy it!  It is listed on my Etsy page (or you can email me if you would like to pick it up in person and not pay for shipping.)

Check back tomorrow for a CUTE painting!  I'm so excited about creating it!!!  I'm not going to tell you what I'm painting, but it's yellow, and grey (good combo) and is totally adorable.

...because she's just too cute not to share...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails