Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter is coming! The inspiration for Painting #31

I love this time of year. It’s beautiful, it’s sunny, there are flowers popping up all over the place that I’ve forgotten about. I think there are about 10 different varieties of daffodils in our back yard. It’s crazy! I love the three that I painted today. The one in the front reminds my of a lion! I have no idea what it’s really called (I’m sure it has a beautiful Latin descriptive name…) but I’m going to call it the Lionusium Narcissus. Ya, that sound pretty good….

This painting seems to portray spring perfectly to me. The colors are so “Eastery” and sweet. There is such a new innocence that early spring time evokes. Beautiful. This oil painting is on wood, and is 6.25 x 8.5 inches and will look perfectly lovely in your home all year long.

You can buy this painting from my Etsy shop for a mere $31! EmilyJeffords.etsy.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails